Move MDaemon Installation Path/Directory
You may ask why you want to move your MDaemon installation path/directory?? Well, perhaps you need to move it to a newer, bigger, and faster HDD; or you may want to separate it from HDD which contains the Operating System. The question is how to move the installation path/directory??
- Export the accounts to a text file. From MDaemon's GUI, choose Accounts - Exporting - Export accounts to a comma delimited file - OK. The file will be kept in \MDaemon\App\Accounts.csv
- Stop MDaemon service
- Update the settings. Use a good text editor, update any references to the old installation path to reflect the new one in each of the following files:
- any .GRP files that reference support files
- Empty the UserList.dat by renaming the file \MDaemon\App\UserList.dat to UserList.org (for safety reason)
- Start MDaemon service
- Import the accounts. From MDaemon's GUI, choose Accounts - Importing - Import accounts to a comma delimited file. Specify the Accounts.csv you created in step 1.